<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9871367?origin\x3dhttp://sleepysa.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

아이엠샘! I am Sam!

Sunday, October 05, 2008 . 10:38 PM

Time to strike off one of the dramas in my list!

Cos... I've finished this mini series within 3 days!

Number of Episodes: 16

Basically, it's about this timid High school teacher Jang Yi San (Yang Dong Geun) being forced to be a live-in tutor for Yoo Eun Byul (Park Min Young). Making it worse, Eun Byul is the daughter of a mob leader. Upon knowing that Yi San is the form teacher for Homeroom 8 in Myung Moon High, Eun Byul decides to enrol herself into the same school. However, she realizes that being a transfer student isn't easy after all. Everyone, except Chae Mushin and Min Sagang, is betting that she'll will not survive sch within days. Will Eun Byul graduate from high sch? Will sparks fly when the teacher and student stays together in a house forced by her father?



Overall, I think the pace of the show was just right. Not too draggy, with humor injected at the appropriate time. For once, I was not bored after I reached the 10th episode onwards. At first, I was quite irritated with Yi San. I could not stand him being so weak, practically slurring his speech. Then came Eun Byul, someone that was the opposite of him. Oh, and how could I forget abt Shin So Yi? The art teacher whom Yi San was chasing after. I thought their relationship was really cute, especially when So Yi decided to be more proactive, providing chances for Yi San to date her. It quite funny when Yi San wanted to kiss So Yi, but hits her on the nose instead. But of course, their love blossmed when they did it right the second time.

I think the hilarious scenes was when So Yi drops by Yi San's house. In fact, So Yi does not know that Eun Byul is living with Yi San! Yi San begs Eun Byul to hide in her room, but of course, Eun Byul isn't one who will comply ya noe? When So Yi chances upon Eun Byul's shirt on the sofa, Yi San claims that it is his- muscle shirt. And to prove it, he squeezes into the shirt!



The scene where So Yi finally realize that Yi San isn't living alone!

The best scene was when Eun Byul’s father and Mr. Kim becomes Yi San’s father and younger brother. In front of So Yi, Yi San decides to abuse his position as a 'hyung', forcing Mr Kim to do things for him!

And of course, the Yi San- Eun Byul moments, where she poses as his wife, drinking with his friend. Both of them meeting at the playground after school. Yi San being a "slave" to Eun Byul - whether at home or in school.

However, the ending was a bit... ok. happy. yet not really. It's that kind - indefinite happy ending.

Why did I watch the show? Cos I was curious abt Son Tae Young. Her hairstyle is really weird in this drama. Also, Park Chae Kyung was it in as well. The bonus was that TOP appeared in some of the episodes.



Park Min Young's quite pretty, her expressions were really funny. However, some scenes would be great if she had really shed a tear. Nevertheless, good job for her first try as a main actress.
I'm impressed with Yang Dong Geun's acting. I've never seen him before, but I'll look out for his future projects.
I was surprised that Park Chae Kyung could pull off a cool look. The ending where she was a student-teacher, I could see that blur and clumsy Gu Mi Ho. She looks better in long hair! Why on earth did they give her short and curled hair in UM?
TOP was really hot! He's like that bad boy in the korean dramas. LOL, like wad Hyayobi said in WGM, "Good guys are like kimchi and rice, bad boys are meat with kimchi and rice." They definitely spice and fills up the missing gap of the korean dramas.

And crap, I just realized that the video link I watched was edited. (Even the starting of ep 1 was cut!) Damn! Oh well, I'll have to rewatch the whole drama again. =)