<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9871367?origin\x3dhttp://sleepysa.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

What are you looking at?

Thursday, January 10, 2008 . 5:50 PM

A week ago, I was waiting at the usual hot and stuffy bus stop opp the campus. Then, I happen to glance up and I saw this big web with a spider which is about the size of a palm. It's something common which I have seen at my house, so I was wondering if it would just spin a web or move within it. But, there wasn't any action from this lazy one. No one noticed about it.

One week later. This afternoon. The bus stop was so crowded. I walked by the back, near the "forest". lol. Something caught my eye. It was the same web. The only difference was that it had lots of leaves/insects stuck to it. And the spider was in the midst of those "decorative" things. I began to observe the people around.

A few guys in front of me, kept talking and looking up. I think they were saying how big it was. Like omg, they have nv seen such a spider in their lives or sth. Then two guys almost walked under the web (but the web was high up there..unless you are 200cm in height, your head will touch the web) This jc guy whose gf finally came, he tapped on her shoulder and pointed up. The girl's expression looked as though as she was disgusted, but then went on with her conversation. A group of girls saw it, and was shrieking/exclaiming. One wanted to take a photo with it, but had to leave because her bus arrived. I wanted to take photos, no, not of the spider, but those expression of the people around me. It was hilarious.

This reminds me of pple who are always unseen or rather having a low profile. When you're a nobody, no one cares about you. But once you are famous or outstanding, all the hype and attention is on you. But of course, this isn't the main point.

Similarly, all the attention is on you when you make a drastic change. Like the spider, people get terrified and disgusted. So, take note: think twice before adding those decoratives... :)